Confidentiality and Privacy statement:
There are strict guidelines I follow according to HIPAA Regulations. In addition to HIPAA guidelines your files and anything that you disclose or we discuss in a session is strictly confidential. I will not release this information to anyone without a written consent form.
Minors under 18 years of age must have a parents consent. Children under the age of 16 must have a parent present.
Scope of Practice:
I am a state licensed and nationally certified massage therapist and therefore am only qualified to provide therapeutic massage. I do not diagnose medical conditions, prescribe Pharmaceuticals or perform spinal adjustments; massage therapy is not a substitute for medical attention and I am very happy to offer a referral list for a more qualified healthcare professional that would be able to assist you with any further needs.
For some medical conditions it is not beneficial to receive massage and may disrupt the body’s natural healing process. In these rare cases I have the right to refuse services until the appropriate health care physician has been contacted.
Cleanliness is an important aspect of a mutually respected environment. When you arrive for your massage please make sure you are reasonably clean and presentable. As a sign of respect I will do the same for you.
Drugs and intoxication:
Since massage can increase blood flow and intensify any effects of intoxicants I cannot proceed with the massage if you are intoxicated or have been drinking within 2 hours prior to your scheduled massage. This is a precaution for your health and my safety; if you show up to an appointment under the influence of Drugs or Alcohol your massage will be forfeited and full payment will be due.
It is important that you list any and all medications that you have taken recently or take regularly. This information should be listed on your health history form and an update should be provided to the practitioner before the session starts.
- A credit card with billing address is required when scheduling all online or over the phone appointments. This does not mean your credit card or insurance will be charged, it is used to hold your appointments. You will have the opportunity to pay with cash, or other forms at the time of service. We accept cash and check currently, thank you for being patient with us as we move towards accepting cards. Please be aware that all returned checks will be charged a $25 NSF Fee and we will continue to accept check until we receive a NSF so please be courteous to other users.
Cancellation, late show, no show, and rescheduling:
- Cancellations must be made within 24 hours in advance for return of full payment.
- No shows, late arrivals and rescheduling within the 24 hours will be charged the full amount for the services. If you are late the time will be deducted from your treatment so please be punctual. If you are going to be more than 15 minutes late please contact us as we have the right to deny service after that point.
- Conditions that would require a single service termination and rescheduling would include contagious illness such as Flu or skin conditions. This is for the safety of the other clients, as well as the practitioner. If you think you have something contagious it’s best to call in advance and reschedule. I will do my best to work with you on your rescheduling needs since you took the courtesy to help us all stay healthy.
- Inappropriate behavior, such as flirtation, sexual advances, abusive language or tone, will result in termination of services, as well as the client practitioner relationship, and sessions will be billed in full.
Referrals and discounts:
- Discounts may be offered for a specific time period. Any promotional coupons, discounts, or etc. may be surrendered at the time of service.
- For the first session of each new client we offer $40 for 75 minute massage. Gift certificates are not valid in this offer.
- As a way of saying “Thank you” for your continued support for every 10 massages you purchase, receive a discount on a 75 minute massage.
- Massage add-on’s to make sessions longer are available.
- Gratuities are included in the cost of the massage session and are not required or expected.